By Fredrik Brattstig @virtualbrat
It has been a while since last release off new features for the IGEL WVD client, but now the time has come, and more is around the corner – we have some goodies in the pipe for the next year, those are going to be BIG!
Lets have a look at what’s new in FW 11.04.254:
- Fabulatech Webcam Redirection – Adding support for “Fabulatech Webcam for Remote Desktop” allowing you to bring WebCams to WVD using Fabulatech native webcam redirection.
- Fabulatech Scanner Redirection – Adding support for “Fabulatech Scanner for Remote Desktop” allowing you to bring scanners to WVD using Fabulatech native scanner redirection.
- Fabulatech USB Redirection – Adding support for “Fabulatech USB for Remote Desktop” allowing you to bring virtually ANY USB peripheral to your remote WVD session
- Thinprint/Ezeep Cloud Printing – Enables you to use Thinpint/Ezeep printing functionality in IGEL WVD client.
- Always prompt for password upon session host connection – Enables you to prompt the WVD user to provide password when establishing a session with a WVD host.
Additionally with that, that, a fix was implemented for issues with WVD feed downloads when using Proxy for access.
And finally Qt (Webengine for the webAuth) was updated to fix sporadic issues with .htaccess protected login pages (the web-AUTH form for WVD)
Fill out the form below and I will send you a link to download the 11.04.254 firmware!
I’m looking forward to share upcoming implementations in the IGEL WVD client ASAP, until then I wish you all a joyful Christmas and a Happy New Year, let us all put 2020 in the rear view mirror and get back to our normal lives!