By Fredrik Brattstig @virtualbrat
You that have been following my blogs on remoting advanced graphics and Virtual Reality, I have always been choosing to show games. Games are catchy, fun and state of the art in terms of hardware and optimized software stacks. If you can do gaming in remote environments you can do anything. And that is the target for today – ANYTHING!
Within this blog article I will be looking at a different use case, extremely hardware and software optimization depending, 3D modelling and Movie creation.
As you will see in the video, I’m not very skilled in the applications I’m showing 🙂 , I though believe that the video will show how well IGEL OS is performing in this space.
About the lab-environment used in the demo video:
Backend Servers (software):
- Citrix XenDesktop v2009
- Windows 10 v2004 Virtual Machine
- Citrix VDA v2003 (MCS provisioned)
- Nvidia T4 partitioned using GRID T4-4Q profile, 3.7GB FrameBuffer –
Quadro Virtual DWS 5 licensed
- 16 GB vRAM
- Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2020
- Autodesk Maya 2020
- Autodesk FBX Review
Backend Servers (Hardware):
- Backend Servers (Hardware)
- Homebrewed “server”, Intel Core i7 and 32GB ram running Citrix XenServer 8.2
- Nvidia T4 GPU using vGPU 11.0 drivers
- IGEL OS 11.04.200 (Including Citrix Workspace App 2009)
- IGEL UD3-LX60
- Samsung 4K monitor
Some session statistics from RDAnalyzer (drag the center slider left/right):
Find the complete recording below:
Hope you enjoy!